Day 1 - we went to Needles Hwy and Sylvan Lake
We had such a good time being surrounded by beauty. We are planning to go back next year to lake Pactola to do some camping. I can't wait to go back. I think I am in love. This mountain girl loves the Black Hills.
Day 2
We drove the Spearfish Scenic Byway and stopped at Bridal Veil Falls. We drove past the town of Lead, Pactola lake and Sheridan Lake. Pactola lake is gorgeous. I didn't get a picture of it because we were running behind. We met the Nieves family at Mt. Rushmore and ended the day at Ruby House restaurant in Keystone.
Day 3
We started the day at Cosmos Mystery Area. Wow, made me dizzy with all the optical illusion stuff. We then made it to Bear Country USA. I have never seen so many bears. They had other animals too. It's a drive thru wildlife park. We then went to the Badlands National Park and ended the day at Wall Drug Store.
Don't miss the picture of the two bears fighting.
Day 4
We got up early and went to Norway to see a chapel. Just kidding. We did see the Chapel in the Hills, which is an exact replica of a Norwegian chapel built in 1150. It was amazing! Then we headed back to Sylvan Lake. Brian rented a canoe for him and the boys. I walked a trail around the lake and took many pictures. I was in awe of the beauty around me. A few hours later we headed home from our short vacation. I fell in love with the Black Hills.



















Comments