What A Week!

We arrived home from vacation on January 1st at 10:30pm to -1 degrees outside. Inside the house it was 50 degrees because I left the thermostat on that setting. We got the fire in the fireplace going. I did have to use natural gas to get the house warm and cozy.

I had to do major grocery shopping on Tuesday, since there was nothing in the house to eat. Went to Sam's Club, Aldi's, and Gerbes. We did not get home until 6pm. Now the refrigerator, freezer, and pantry is stocked.

Took cupcakes to school on Wednesday for Jarrett's birthday. An hour before I left for school, a pipe burst and flooded the garage in 4-5 inches of standing water. The drain pipe in the garage froze, so the water would not drain. It was about 10 degrees outside. What a mess! We had to open the garage doors to sweep out the water. The water on the driveway froze in minutes, then we put salt down to melt the ice. We had to throw many items away. The items that were not ruined, we put on tables to dry. Luckily we have vents that go to the garage that helped to dry the garage out. I did cry for a minute while talking to my friend Christina. She came over and helped Shane and I with the clean up. I am so thankful someone was able to lend us a hand. Brian would never allow me to clean or organize his garage. Well now the garage is finally getting organized and cleaned out.

On Thursday, we went to Walmart to buy some plastic containers. I am going to put Brian's stuff from the garage into the containers to give the garage a tidy look.

On Friday, I went to a friend's house and made a cleaning spray and bath salts from essential oils.




Comments