Clean and Dirty Produce

I have been reading a book called The Fully Raw Diet by Kristina Carrillo-Bucaram  There is some excellent info it in too. I found the following info in the book:

The Environmental Working Group (a non-profit organization) puts out a yearly report. This report list the top clean and dirty produce of residues and toxins. The top clean foods that you can eat that are conventionally grown. This means that they are safe to consume as non-organic foods.

Avocados, Asparagus, Cabbage, Cantaloupe, Cauliflower, Eggplant, Grapefruit, Kiwi, Mangoes, Onions, Papayas, Pineapple, Sweet corn, Sweet peas (frozen), and Honey Dew melon

Here are the foods that are loaded with residues and toxins.

Apples, Celery, Cherry tomatoes, Cucumbers, Grapes, Nectarines, Peaches, Tomatoes, Cherries, Spinach, Strawberries, and Sweet bell peppers. 

Our family has been trying to eat as much organic foods as possible. We have been on this road for about 18 years or more. I know eating healthy has been beneficial for our family. We have not always ate 100 percent organic through out the years. We have had to juggle with a food budget. Eating healthy is not cheap, but it is achievable.

Our children rarely get sick. In fact, our oldest child (almost 18 years old) has only taken antibiotic once, and that was when she was 6 months old. Our 2nd oldest child has never taken any antibiotics. Our 12 and 9 year old children have only had antibiotics once so far in their childhood. We take supplements and probiotics. None of our children have had strep throat. I believe their health has been from prayer and healthy eating. We eat the rainbow (every color of fruits and vegetables) in our house. We started introducing these foods to our children at a very early age.

I have been listening to some great info at the Food Revolution Summit this week. 


Comments