Our neighbor gave us some tomatoes from her garden, so I did not want them to spoil. I chopped up 8 tomatoes and one onion. I put everything in a glass bowl. I added some salt, pepper, basil, and a couple of tablespoons of olive oil. I like to put this mixture overnight in the refrigerator. I think letting it sit overnight causes the mixture to get juicy.
I cut two medium french bread loaves in half and then in half again (four quarters). Spread the mixture on the pieces of bread.Top them with mozzarella cheese.
I bake them in the oven at 425 degrees for 15- 20 minutes.
The homegrown tomatoes really make this a fantastic tasting meal. It is a winner every time.
Brian likes to top some pieces with paprika and orgeano.
Hot out of the oven. It smells delicious.
We received some green beans from a friend's garden. You got to love fresh green beans from the garden.
Here are the green beans after I snapped them. We had enough green beans to go with three meals.
I had some green beans left over. These green beans were lighter and thicker than normal, so I decided to roast them. I am trying to prevent homegrown veggies from going to waste.
I put them in a bowl with some olive oil. I just used enough oil to lightly coast them. I added some salt and pepper too. Roast them in the oven at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
I think they taste really good roasted. You can roast any vegetable. So think about roasting veggies before you let them go to waste in the fridge. Roasting is quick and easy. It makes a great snack too.







Comments