Here she is with some of her gifts from her parents and siblings. We got her a cheesecake for her birthday cake and took her out to eat. It is funny, she did not want to go out to eat on her birthday because she wanted to catch up on some philosophy homework. Philosophy is her hardest class this year and it is one of her honors classes. I did take her to Joann's Fabric store for her birthday, which was her wish. She spent some birthday money there. This girl loves to sew, knit, and crochet. I forgot to mention, she loves to shop too.
A week before she turned 17, she received her permit to drive. I still need to call our insurance to add her on. I wonder how much that is going to cost?
Yes, she dyed her hair a few weeks ago. She bought the dye at the health food store. I actually like the color but she wants it to be a deeper red.
She started taking piano lessons again, so she is improving her skills as the weeks go on. I hope she keeps it up for the next two years.
She actually was scheduled to take French lessons from a native speaker this year but a few weeks before class, the instructor decided to move to New Hampshire. I think it had to do with her husband's job. What a bummer! I told her to learn Spanish but she is against it. Perhaps I can convince her other wise. I think it should be easy for her to pick up Spanish, since she has had three years of Latin instruction. You know, teenagers can be stubborn.
The years go by so fast. Where have the years gone? I feel like she was just a baby yesterday.


Comments