Farwell to California

Well we traveled home last Sunday and what a drive it was. It was a long five months in California. I am so happy to be home again.

Let me tell you about our adventure home. We hit rain when we arrived into Williamsburg, AZ and basically drove in rain all the way home. We encountered a dangerous weather situation when we were west of Tucumcari, NM. I knew we were heading into trouble and called my husband to ask him to take a look at his phone. He told me we should be fine. That was an overstatement. I continued to drive on and entered extreme darkness. It started to rain heavily with gusty winds that moved my car over. Visibility was low, so people actually pulled over onto the shoulder. At this time the boys stared to get scared. They wanted me to turn around and go back the other way, but I couldn't even if I wanted to. My phone would not work. I pulled over onto the shoulder, but only stayed there for a few minutes. I felt something inside me say, "keep on driving." I got back on the road and finally left the storm. When I left the storm my phone started to work again. It then said tornado warning in the exact location I was in. The experience has traumatized my boys, but I hope in time they will get over it.

I had many hours of driving to think and meditate on things. I also worshiped while listening to Hillsong United. I have been a huge fan of them since they started many years ago. I listened to one of my favorite songs from them and cried like a baby every time. One of my sons' was even signing it by the time we arrived home. :)  Here is the song I was listening to:


Here are the lyrics:

I see the King of glory. 
Coming on the clouds with fire.
The whole earth shakes.
The whole earth shakes.
I see His love and mercy. 
Washing over all our sins.
The people sing. The people sing.

Hosanna Hosanna
Hosanna in the highest
Hosanna Hosanna
Hosanna in the highest

I see a generation. 
Rising up to take their place.
With selfless faith.
With selfless faith.

I see a near revival.
Stirring as we pray and seek.
We're on our knees.
We're on our knees.

Okay, here is the part that makes me cry every time. These next words are my heart's cry. I hope other Christians feel the same.

Heal my heart and make it clean. 
Open up my eyes to the things unseen.
Show me how to love like you have loved me.
Break my heart for what breaks Yours.
Everything I am for Your kingdom's cause.
As I walk from earth into eternity.


These words are powerful. I hope you get a chance to watch the video. 

By the way, sorry if I have not texted anyone. My phone was dropped in water when I arrived home, so now I need to buy a new phone. I hope to have my new phone soon.



Comments