This past Sunday night Carissa and I went to a symphony. My sister in law gave us the tickets to go. Apparently she was not able to go, so she called us up to see if we wanted the tickets. What a special treat for us.
It started at 8pm and ended at 10pm. We took delight in listening to Mendelssohn and Beethoven being played. Carissa had a few things to say about the pieces and the performance. She mentioned how she felt that the beginning of Beethoven's Fifth was too fast, but she knows that it is the conductors prerogative. She mentioned proper etiquette in clapping. This is Carissa's second time attending a symphony. I hope she can attend a few more before she graduates high school.
I snapped this photograph a few minutes before the opening number. One thing we noticed was the unequal portion of ages in the audience. There were few or no people ages 20-40. There was a tremendous about of older people in the audience. I am talking about 60 and above. I can see Brian and I attending in our 60's and above.
I have to tell you about what an 80 year old man, with a Scottish accent, and seated next to me said. He said that Carissa and I look like sisters. Is that a good thing or bad thing? Anyway, I did tell him I was her mother. He was nice but perhaps he had too much scotch during intermission.
Here we are ready to leave for the symphony.
It started at 8pm and ended at 10pm. We took delight in listening to Mendelssohn and Beethoven being played. Carissa had a few things to say about the pieces and the performance. She mentioned how she felt that the beginning of Beethoven's Fifth was too fast, but she knows that it is the conductors prerogative. She mentioned proper etiquette in clapping. This is Carissa's second time attending a symphony. I hope she can attend a few more before she graduates high school.
I snapped this photograph a few minutes before the opening number. One thing we noticed was the unequal portion of ages in the audience. There were few or no people ages 20-40. There was a tremendous about of older people in the audience. I am talking about 60 and above. I can see Brian and I attending in our 60's and above.
I have to tell you about what an 80 year old man, with a Scottish accent, and seated next to me said. He said that Carissa and I look like sisters. Is that a good thing or bad thing? Anyway, I did tell him I was her mother. He was nice but perhaps he had too much scotch during intermission.



Comments