Both Nathan and Carissa's last day was this past Monday. It is always amazing how this time of the year is bittersweet. It is the escalation of academic achievements and the realization the time is going by fast. It is knowing that Carissa's junior year is that much closer. Her junior year will probably be the busiest. She wants to go to a Christian college in her birth state, so we will be visiting some colleges this summer. She has really achieved some things academically this past year. She was one of the top three students in her class in all six subjects. There were ten children in her class this year. This year she had another honors literature course. She completed her 3rd year of Latin. She completed and turned in an outstanding lab journal with all her dissections. Nathan really enjoyed his logic class and science class. Brian said he did a great job with his mock trial case too. Nathan will enter high school in the Fall.
Many people question or ask me about how we homeschool. We use the Classical Education method with a Christian worldview. You can go here to watch what is a Classical Education. Our family has really been blessed by this method of education. I thank God that he led us to this method because we had prayed for God to lead us to the right path.
I am always amazed by how God has used "me" to school my children. Who am I? I don't have a degree in education. But I do have a deep love for my children and want the very best for them. I can't tell you how much Brian and I have sacrificed to school our children. A parent's love is amazing in what we can accomplish. Today a scripture jumped out at me. Ecclesiastes 9:10a says: Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might.

Comments