This is a cute picture of Shane and Jarrett at a 50's diner. Sometimes it is hard to believe how fast they grow up. They wear the same size in clothes and are 3 years apart. One is slim and the other has a stocky frame. Both are very affectionate and love to give me hugs & kisses. I will miss this season of childhood someday.
Shane is officially doing pre-algebra. He loves math! It comes easy for him. We focus on many things in our house, but all children have a natural bent towards something. I did have a hesitation with him moving along so fast in math. I sought counsel, everyone said to have him progress at his own pace, even it it means starting algebra in elementary.
His brother Jarrett is the same with math. He is almost half way through his math book and is doing extremely well with multiplication. Jarrett loves reading and I think he is a natural at reading poetry. I plan to cultivate this and maybe someday he can recite a poem in front of an audience. Our homeschool group has a Poetry Out Loud contest every year.


Comments