Yesterday Jarrett laid on the couch while Shane did his schoolwork. Jarrett is not feeling well, he has a fever, and is complaining his throat is scratchy.
Here is Shane finishing up a science experiment about density.
We studied Georgia O'Keefe art and then Shane drew his own picture full of flowers. See how the wind is blowing the leaf away? There is a storm coming.
Jarrett woke up from his nap and wanted to do art too.
Here is their memory work for the week. There are seven subjects and a column of vocabulary words. We also covered pre-algebra, listened to early American history through LibriVox, penmanship, reading and chores. LibriVox is a free recording of books online.
I will fit in grammar, spelling, and writing the other days of the week. The day was little thrown off by taking a cat to the vet to be neutered.
Some days we do not get to all the subjects. It just depends how to day goes. It is hard to juggle schooling with running a business and a house. I see the dust piling up on the furniture.
I will fit in grammar, spelling, and writing the other days of the week. The day was little thrown off by taking a cat to the vet to be neutered.
Some days we do not get to all the subjects. It just depends how to day goes. It is hard to juggle schooling with running a business and a house. I see the dust piling up on the furniture.




Comments
I posted at Half-a-hundred Acre woods 9 months ago as "Grammar Failure," you suggested Jr. Analytical Grammar. I never thanked you. I am just now ordering the program, and I am really grateful that you took the time to respond to my post back then - it looks like a perfect it. We have been in Essentials this year but my two older boys will be going on to ChA in the fall (I think, God willing, etc, etc) and I plan to use the Jr. Analytical Grammar program this spring after CC ends to solidify our understanding. Are you in a F/E group or do you do it at home with your youngers?
I love Analytical Grammar because it helped my children grasp what was being taught in Essentials. My oldest son just had one year of Essentials.
Our oldest child did Analytical Grammar for the past two summers. I can't tell you enough how Analytical Grammar has helped her, since she did not go through Essentials. She completed the program this past summer. She is now in Challenge II and helps her peers with their grammar studies. She is very confident with grammar.
Our 5th grader did Jr Analytical Grammar the summer before he started Essentials in 4th grade. It was a tremendous help when he got to Essentials.
We are in the process of moving to another state, so that is why we did Foundations/Essentials at home this week.We will only be apart of Essentials when we move. Foundations is full...bummer Oh well, we can do Foundations at home. It just not as fun for the kids.
Thank you for your comment and I am happy to hear that you are trying Analytical Grammar. I am sure you will be happy with it. It was a life saver for me, since I am not an expert in grammar. I love learning grammar along side my children.:)