I Will Miss My Grandparents

Here are my grandparents before they were married. I think this picture was taken around 1944.



    It is hard to imagine life without my grandparents. I have always had a close relationship with them. I lived with them from the time I was born until 16 years of age. My grandfather has been the only father I have known and he has filled those shoes wonderfully. I was loved and always taken care of. Some people will even tell you I was spoiled. I will never forget the love that was shown to me by my grandparents. They are some very special people. My grandfather had a big tender heart. So many memories are flooding my mind while I am typing this....


My grandfather passed away on March 9, 2012 and my grandmother May 12, 2012.


I was able to say good-bye to both before they passed away. I had a memorable time with my grandfather the last night he was alive. I was able to share my heart with him while he laid in his hospital bed and my husband was able to share God's word. He was wide awake and he even responded to me when I gave him a kiss good-bye on his forehead. I do believe that I will see both of them again someday in heaven.






 Here are my grandparents on their wedding day August 4, 1945.



 Here is a picture from 1994. My uncle Johnny is in this picture. He passed away February 11, 2012.



Comments