A Year Older


I asked Carissa to make his cake this year, since I was sick with a cold. I am still sick but on the mend. The cake tasted wonderful. Her brothers and father just gobbled it up. Their father did sneak a piece while everyone was in bed.

I think Carissa did an excellent job. I am so proud of her. She is almost 13 and can probably cook and bake better than some adults. Some friends of mine, even say that she will make a good wife with all the cooking and sewing she does. Well, I hope she will but I want her to do many things well as a wife. It is part of her parents job to train her well. Her husband will be blessed because she will be a well rounded individual...but more of this later, on with the birthday.



The cake has a firm but moist texture.


Carissa even made a torte for Shane, since he cannot eat milk and eggs. This taste delicious too. It has smooth texture to it.


Here are some presents that Nathan received. He is really enjoying this interactive guitar book.



He loves Jonathan Park.

Comments