Learning to Flower Garden

This is my flower garden in the front yard. It is a work in progress. I plan to buy some more fragrant roses next year. There is so much potential but I am taking it slow.

Don't you just love country charm? I like having this old farm wagon as part of my garden. Brian needs to help me do some repairs on some parts of this wagon. The floor board needs to be replaced and some sides.

The flowers that you see in the containers were each purchased for less than $1.25. I like to buy flowers on clearance and nurse them back to health. It is amazing what a little TLC can do.

Anyone can garden...I just started gardening last year. It really does not take much money to garden, especially if you buy items on clearance. You don't need a big space either or a piece of land. You can flower garden in containers. Think of a balcony, a walkway, window boxes, and how about a hanging garden (like the Babylonians from the old testament history). It can be fun to create different places to have a flower garden.


Here are my beautiful roses, they smell heavenly.



Well, good morning tree frog. The children found this frog in the watering can.


Here are elderberries. I cannot wait to harvest them. I plan to make some jam out of them.

Here are some books that I've been reading about gardening. I think the library is a wonderful source to use before you decide to purchase a book.

Comments