My friend's 11 year old daughter found this size small dress at a garage sale. The dress was free and the zipper was broken. The dress had no stains or rips.I told her that I would make a skirt out of it for her.
First, I had Carissa detach the bodice from the skirt. Second, Carissa sewed the seam closed where the zipper was on the dress. Third, I took the tulle off from the attached slip under the skirt. I thought it would be nice the keep the attached slip for the skirt. Fourth, I serged the top edge of the skirt. Fifth, I cut out fabric for the new top part of the skirt. I then serged all the edges. Sixth, I attached the new fabric to the skirt. Seventh, I added a top hem. Eighth, I added the elastic. Now, this skirt is finished. This skirt probably took a half hour or less to complete. Very simple.
I say it's country charm!

Comments