Treasure Hunting

This past Saturday was the city wide garage sale. I hit everyone of them and brought back some treasures.

I found a bed table/tray that was never used for $4, a boom box that you can play Cd's & tapes for $5, five yards of teddy bear fabric $4, Outburst for $5, twelve adorable note cards for $1, six white linen napkins for 25 cents, a Mary Engelbreit tin for 25 cents, four cherry dishtowels for $1, a pair of boy jeans for $1, two pair of boy shorts for 75 cents, 10 skeins of yarn for $2.50, a Blue Clue's DVD for 10 cents, and a serving bowl for $2.

I think that when you go shopping at a garage sale, it is like treasure hunting.


I bought this purse for 25 cents. The only thing wrong with it was the lining. The lining was made of thin fabric that was torn. I had Carissa take out the lining because I plan to put in a new lining in it. I will show you that project another time.

I bought this picture for $2. Some of the items I purchased I will resale.


I bought this twin sheet set for $1. I like the design and plan to make aprons and other items with the fabric.


I bought this clothesline picture for 50 cents. I think this will go on the wall in my sewing room.


This cross stitched picture was $1. I will be keeping this picture. I have not decided where I will put it.


This was the find of the day because it only cost me 10 cents. Nothing is wrong with it either....but there is nothing wrong with anything I purchased. Let me tell you a little story about this 10 cent item. I have been wanting to buy this very item for Carissa because she has a habit of cutting out fabric on her bedroom carpet. I even went to the fabric store and they want $18 for this very same item.

Comments