Shane had a doctors appointment this week. We found out that he is allergic to other foods besides casein, whey, and eggs. He is also allergic to crab, halibut, strawberries, corn, wheat, gluten, almonds, cashews, pistachios, mustard seed, olives, onions, spinach, and zucchini. We also found out that he is extremely low in vitamin D. Also, his histamine levels in his body are high, which means he is fighting allergies in his body.
Shane is now taking a vitamin D supplement. He is on a dairy and egg free diet right now. I plan to put him on a gluten free diet starting in July. Right now, I am gathering info from the Internet and ready books from the library. I have some cookbooks that I will start cooking from. The pastors wife from the new church we are attending gave me two cookbooks to borrow.
Shane was crying last night because he wants to eat cheese. I ordered some vegan cheese from Vegan Essentials that was given very good reviews. I will find out how good or bad it is... I have tasted vegan cheese before and did not like the taste but that was years ago. I would think that someone out there has improved vegan cheese since I tasted it long ago.
On a side note, we have been attending a new church as of May 8th. The whole family is really enjoying the new church and I do feel it is the church we have been searching for. It has not been easy finding a church where we live.
Shane is now taking a vitamin D supplement. He is on a dairy and egg free diet right now. I plan to put him on a gluten free diet starting in July. Right now, I am gathering info from the Internet and ready books from the library. I have some cookbooks that I will start cooking from. The pastors wife from the new church we are attending gave me two cookbooks to borrow.
Shane was crying last night because he wants to eat cheese. I ordered some vegan cheese from Vegan Essentials that was given very good reviews. I will find out how good or bad it is... I have tasted vegan cheese before and did not like the taste but that was years ago. I would think that someone out there has improved vegan cheese since I tasted it long ago.
On a side note, we have been attending a new church as of May 8th. The whole family is really enjoying the new church and I do feel it is the church we have been searching for. It has not been easy finding a church where we live.
Comments