Our Oldest Son


Nathan is mowing our lawn now. Yes, he is slowing graduating into more responsibilities. Currently, he is responsible for taking out all the trash throughout the house, mowing the lawn, taking care of ducks & chickens, feeding our miniature horse, cleaning his bathroom, he helps clean up after every meal, and puts away clean dishes from the dishwasher every morning. He does share most of these responsibilities with his siblings. Mowing, taking out the trash, cleaning his bathroom, and emptying the dishwasher are solely his responsibility. He must make his bed every day and make sure his clothes in his drawers/closet are in order. He must make sure the animals are taken care of before breakfast.

I must say that he surprises me with making lunch for himself and his siblings. Children can be responsible if parents give them responsibilities while they are young.

I remember that I basically had no responsibilities, except for keeping my room clean. But I also was a spoiled brat and expected everything to be catered to me. I was very selfish and self centered as a child. I hate to admit this but I did get everything I wanted. I knew how to manipulate my family into getting my way. I was very mean and did not care who I hurt. My own cousins could not even stand me. I thank God that he saved me in my early 20's from these sinful ways. I do not want to imagine where I would be without the saving grace of Jesus Christ.

Think about how you are raising your children. Are you creating selfishness and self centerness in your children? It would benefit you and your children if they are given responsibilities.


Here are some pictures that Nathan has drawn in the past few weeks.


This is a post about our son, who is growing up quickly before our eyes. He is such an interesting child. Carissa calls him the science guy or the fix it man. Recently, he fixed his broken shower, while waiting for Dad to go to the store to replace some parts. He fixed our ice maker that was not working at all. Now the refrigerator is making ice again.

Comments