Play-Doh

Shane's creature


Jarrett's creature


Here are some play-doh creations that the boys made. They are so funny. The little ones love to play with play-doh. I need to buy some more of it. "Oh no", the boys only have 2 containers of it left.

Comments

Make your own!

Home made Playdoh Recipe

2 cups plain flour
1 cup salt
3 tsp cream of tartar
2 tbsp oil
2 cups boiling water
food colour

Combine all ingredients except water in a large heat proof bowl.

Pour boiling water in and stir.

Flour table top and knead (warning it will be hot at first) until smooth and colour is consistent.

Stores in an airtight container for months.

If you have a problem with the kids eating the playdoh (like I did) just add more salt!
Tina said…
Larissa,

Well, I will have to try this Playdoh recipe. Thank you for taking the time to write up this recipe. Hmm, I may have to blog about the outcome of the playdoh I make.

Thank you,
Tina
No worries, my kids are past the playdoh stage so I almost know the recipe by heart, I just had to check how much cream of tartar to put in. I find it pointless to buy playdoh when it's soooo easy and way cheaper to make. If your kids get bored with the usual colours you add some glitter to the mix. Have fun.