A Serger

Well, I finally made a decision on what serger to buy. After months of giving it some thought, I decided on the Brother brand. I must say, that using a serger is so easy. I don't know why I waited so long to buy one. It takes half the time to d0 sewing projects. I cannot believe what I was missing....



Here is my sewing room. Carissa is sewing on her machine. You can see my fabric stash in the back ground. Brian still needs to add some more shelves to the closet. It is amazing how you underestimate the amount of shelves you will need.



Jarrett picked out this fabric at Wal-Mart the other day. He asked me to make him a pillow case. I bought 7/8 of a yard and added 6 inches of denim material that I had in my stash. I then added some rick-rack and binding that I had from my stash. I think it turned out nice and Jarrett agrees too. Now, Shane is asking for one. I will be taking him to the store to pick out some fabric soon.


You see the nursing cover in the above picture. It took me about an hour to make, compared to hours when you have to double hem. Now, everything has a professional finish. There are no more raw edges.

Comments