
Here are the hats I wear in the winter. The middle hat is made in the 1950's. I found the hat at a local shop for $4.

Here are my spring and summer hats. The hat with the flower, is the first hat I bought. I believe I purchased it in 1990.

Here is a collection of Carissa's hats. She hand sewed the trimming and ribbon on the middle hat. Carissa had been looking for a hat from the time period of the 1700's but could not fine one. Well, last year she went to a Heritage Festival and found the hat with no trimmings. I remember the hat was not cheap, she paid $20 for an unfinished hat. I provided the ribbon and trim from my stash.

Hats were once worn by all ladies in society. To bad I live in a different time because I love to wear hats.
I was inspired to write this blog about hats after I read this blog from Eight Acres of Eden.
Eight Acres of Eden is from down under...


Comments