English Country Dance

Have you ever been to an English Country Dance? Well, our fellowship hosted one so, our whole family went to one this past Saturday. We all had so much fun! I think Carissa danced every dance. Many girls dressed in old fashioned dresses from the 1700-1800's. The boys looked nice, even though they did not dress up from the 1700-1800's. I even danced one dance with Brian. I must say, that I cannot wait for the next one. Maybe, next time I will not forget my camera at home.

Go here to view one of the dances we danced. You can view another dance here too.

Have you heard of Contra Dance? It seems to be the same as an English Country Dance. Contra dances are very popular here. It seems there is one every month in one of the local cities. These dances are family dances that do not allow any alcohol consumption.

Enjoy!

Comments