Book Sale


Last Thursday, I went to a book sale. I only had about 20 minutes to shop. There must of been 10,000 books in the place. I immediately made a beeline to the books on tape and the literature sections. So, this is what I found in my allotted time. I found the Iliad by Homer, Divine Comedy by Dante, and The Book of Virtues by William Bennett. All these books are classics.
I have listened to the Iliad on CD a few years ago and I appreciate all the details in this book about the Trojans. It is definitely a "boy" book with all the blood and guts. It's a war book....
I have also listened to The Inferno by Dante on CD. This book gave graph images about hell. Hell is depicted as nine circles of suffering within the earth. The circles are Limbo, Lust, Gluttony, Greed, Wrath, Heresy, Violence, Fraud, and Treachery. This book was written in the 1300's. It's an excellent book.
The Divine Comedy is about the journey of the soul towards God when a person dies. This book was also written in the 1300's. I can't wait to read this book.

Comments