I thought I would share some items that I have bought within the past few weeks. I have another business which I hope to pass down to one of my children. I have a couple of booths in which I sale new and gently used items. So far, I have made over $500 in sales in the past 10 months. Most of the items that I have sold were items that I had laying around. I refuse to have a garage sale and give away my nice things for pennies.
Now, I have to go out and purchase items for my booths because I have no more items of my own to sale. I find it fun to go treasure hunting on a Friday or Saturday.
I think this could be a great way for a young person to make some money. There is very little up front expenses and you really don't need to invest much time into it. You really only have to work on Friday or Saturday if you choose to.
I paid $2.50 for this stand and that price includes the plates too. I am keeping this for my kitchen.
Love the green bowl and 4 glasses....they are plastic. The glasses are new and I paid 25 cents a piece. The green bowl was 50 cents.
Here is a print of a replica advertisement from the 1930's. I paid 50 cents for. This picture is in excellent shape. I think it is a collectors item.
Here are some copies of my favorite magazine. I usually pick them up for free or pay pennies for them at garage sales. A friend I mine gave me my first copy years ago and I have been hooked ever since.
I paid $2.50 for this DKNY jean jacket. Nothing is wrong with it.
I paid $1 for this embroidered sweater.
Here is a Radio Shack metal detector that I paid $12.50 for. I bought it for Nathan so he can go treasure hunting on our 13 acres.
Here is some vintage china. I paid $12 for 8 bowls and 8 plates. I went online and each plate sales for $13 a piece.
I bought this sweater for Carissa for 50 cents.
Here is a top that I bought for Carissa for 50 cents.
Here are some more items that I need to price and take to my booths.
I paid 75 cents for each hat. I think they are cute. I bought them for Carissa.
Love the green bowl and 4 glasses....they are plastic. The glasses are new and I paid 25 cents a piece. The green bowl was 50 cents.
Here is a print of a replica advertisement from the 1930's. I paid 50 cents for. This picture is in excellent shape. I think it is a collectors item.
Here are some copies of my favorite magazine. I usually pick them up for free or pay pennies for them at garage sales. A friend I mine gave me my first copy years ago and I have been hooked ever since.
I paid $2.50 for this DKNY jean jacket. Nothing is wrong with it.
I paid $1 for this embroidered sweater.
Here is a Radio Shack metal detector that I paid $12.50 for. I bought it for Nathan so he can go treasure hunting on our 13 acres.
Here is some vintage china. I paid $12 for 8 bowls and 8 plates. I went online and each plate sales for $13 a piece.
I bought this sweater for Carissa for 50 cents.
Here is a top that I bought for Carissa for 50 cents.
Here are some more items that I need to price and take to my booths.
I paid 75 cents for each hat. I think they are cute. I bought them for Carissa.Do you see why I call it treasure hunting? This is not even half the stuff that I have purchased for hardly any money. I am very picky in what I purchase. I look for stains and rips.
Maybe this will inspire you to go garage sale shopping.
Happy treasure hunting!




Comments