I want to share what Carissa wrote for creative writing on 4/26/2010. She writes as part of her daily studies. We let her write freely without correcting her. At this age we want to cultivate creative writing not perfection. We read poetry to the children twice a week; which I think helps with creative writing. Carissa enjoys writing and making up stories. She has not had formal grammar lessons yet but will start in 7th grade. I can not believe that she will be in 7th grade this year.
"Oh", you wind, O how you blow. Over the hills and in the valleys. When you blow the children huddle with each other to keep warm. O you mean wind. You make the babies cry. They are cold and their mothers put them closer to them. O you cruel wind. You made the old man in the shed shiver because there is a big hole in the window. "Oh", you nasty wind how could you.
By Carissa (age 11)
Comments