Daily living



The past few weeks I have been reading a new book and you can view it here http://www.amazon.com/New-Sugar-Busters-Cut-Trim/dp/0345469585/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1263859287&sr=8-1 I have been wanting to change my eating habits. I have not been so diligent these past years, like I was in my 20's. I have slacked off the past 6 years and I have had enough. Since I am turning 40 this year, I have decided to go back to how I ate in my late 20's. I ate a lot of veggies (raw). I hardly ate bread, chips, crackers, and sweets.
I found this book to be very insightful. My mother is a diabetic and I have been telling her that she can control it better with what she eats. She will not take my advise.
I told Brian that I am going to stop buying chips and crackers. Even though, we do eat organic foods...some food is still processed and not homemade. The book talks about eating more fresh fruit, meats, dairy, and raw veggies. Here are some foods that should not be in your pantry or fridge:
White potatoes
White bread
White rice
White flour
Non-whole grain pastas
Sugar-laden salad dressing and sauces
Jellies and jams containing added sugar
Sugar, syrup, candy bars
Corn chips, potato chips
Crackers or wafers containing enriched flours
Canned goods with added sugars
Sugar-sweetened soft drinks
Teriyaki sauces
Corn
Beets
I am guilty in having 6 of these items in my pantry or fridge. Well, I will be taking care of this problem. Though, I will still carry sugar and white potatoes in my pantry. The key here is moderation and don't sabotage yourself.
Here is a great way to find out if you are overweight. The body mass index is a calculation of a person's weight relative to height. The BMI can be calculated by dividing weight in pounds by height in inches, dividing the result by height in inches again, and finally multiply the result by 703. For example, if your weight is 140 pounds and your height is 5 feet (60 inches), the calculation would be as follows: 140{divided by} 60=2.33, then 2.33 {diveded by}60=.0388, and .0388 X703=27.2764. Round down, that produces a BMI of 27. A BMI equal to or greater than 25 in adults indicates overweight. A BMI equal to or greater than 30 indicates obesity.
Brian has given me the okay to buy the treadmill I've been wanting. I will purchase it once the basement is done. I hope the basement will be done next month. I have a goal that I would like to obtain by July 2010. I would like to lose 2 dress sizes.

Comments