I decided to pickle some cucumbers from our garden. So, I made homemade bread & butter pickles. They turned our pretty good.

Here are Shane's woolly worms. Shane loves these cute fuzzy worms. He is only allowed to play with them for the day and has to release them outside when he comes in for the day. One time he kept them in the house overnight in a box. When he woke up the next day, he could not find one of them. 
What a day! I am beat!
Here are some apples I purchased when we went on a field trip to an Alpaca/apple farm on September 9th. I paid $5 for a 10 pound bag of apples.
Here is what I made with all the apples...I made homemade apple chips. The kids really enjoyed eating them.

Here is the ground hog that lives in our barn.
Here is Nathan doing the 3 legged race with a friend at our community Labor Day celebration.

Here are some pictures of our town's fire engine. They retired it from service last year. I don't think you will find many of these around anymore.



Here is the ground hog that lives in our barn.
Here is Nathan doing the 3 legged race with a friend at our community Labor Day celebration.
Here are some pictures of our town's fire engine. They retired it from service last year. I don't think you will find many of these around anymore.


I am sorry I have not blogged in awhile. I have been very busy lately. I am sewing costumes for the kids, attending a ladies bible study every Wednesday, hosting Growing Kids God's Way every Sunday at our house, and making food in the kitchen.
Right now I have over 200 apples that are needing my attention. I plan to make apple turnovers, apple pie, apple butter, applesauce, apple chips, and fried apples. Does anyone have a good apple recipe.
The last 2 weeks I have pickled cucumbers, made zucchini stews, made homemade marinara sauce, apple butter, and apple sauce. Even though it is a lot of work, I do enjoy cooking.


Comments