Carissa & Nathan had formal art class today. They did pretty good. Yes, and it is all by free hand...no tracing allowed.
Brian reading about Roman history. Monday was the official day of the 2009-2010 school year. We are entering our 5th year of homeschooling this year. Carissa & Nathan have a full load of classes but they are used to it. The subjects they study are: bible, math, spelling, writing, history, science, foreign language, literature, poetry, hymn study, music study, personal development, Shakespeare, nature study, Art, and choir.Here is an interesting article on why computers should not be in schools. Read it at www.education-world.com/a_issues/chat/chat018.shtml

Here is Brian reading from the Apologia Astronomy book.
Carissa is giving an oral narration of what Brian read from the astronomy book.
Here are some goodies I found at a garage sale last Friday. I paid $10 for everything! What a bargain!
These hummingbird feeders hang from our balcony. Carissa is in charge of making sure they are always full. This is one task she likes to do. It seems all the children enjoy taking care of animals.
Wow!! Nathan's ducklings sure have grown since March. They actually still let Nathan carry them around. You should see them fly high in the sky. It's amazing how you appreciate animals more when you live out in the country. I have to be honest...I love to watch and visit these two everyday. Their names are Joshua & Cupcake.
Shane helping shred some zucchini, so Brian can make some zucchini bread.
Proverbs 31:10 tells us the worth of an excellent wife is "far above jewels". It's hard to quantify that kind of value. Efforts to put a modern-day dollar amount on the jobs that we do at home have resulted in some pretty high figures. In 1978, lawyer Michael H. Minton devised a chart listing all the duties a wife preforms. He came up with 23 different jobs, including food buyer, tutor, waitress, laundress, chauffeur, family counselor, housekeeper, cook, errand runner, bookkeeper, dishwasher, dietitian, and secretary. Minton's dollar value per year for a homemaker-and this was back in 1978, mind you-was $40,000. In 1997, value of a wife and mom was at $65,000. In 2001, the estimated value was at $100,000 annually.The work we perform each day in our homes is incredibly valuable. "Few women realize what great service they are doing for mankind and for the kingdom of Christ when they pour their energies into maintaining a shelter for the family and nurturing their children-the foundation on which all else is built."
In diligently taking care of our families, we are bringing them innumerable blessings, along with the clean underwear. Next time you pass the mirror, stop and take a moment to look into those eyes shining back at you. Repeat: "I am worth my weight in gold. And I know it."
I read this today from Queen of the Castle by Lynn Bowen Walker; I just had to pass it on. I hope you enjoyed reading it.
Comments