Homemaking

Homemaking is a unique profession. In truth, the real significant work in a homemaker's day is not the pile of perfectly laundered clothes or a pristine kitchen, but rather a child who got pushed on the swings or who was helped with his algebra homework.
"We can't buy into the belief that accomplishment is measured by something that stays finished...The profession of motherhood has one primary goal-to see a child grow into a mature, godly, respectful, and loving adult." "Remember your professional objective: to create a healthy, enjoyable, nurturing environment in which family relationships can thrive. If you become to busy to read your child a book because you must have a perfect house, you've lost your proper focus." Jill Savage from Professionalizing Motherhood
I need to remember these words. I find myself busy everyday with running a business, keeping all 3 checkbooks in order, organizing our finances, doing housework, making phone calls, running errands, and what ever else gets thrown in for the day. It seems I never have time to do anything else. Is anyone out there feeling the same way?
In spite of my shortcomings, I will press on. (Philippians 3:12,14) Do you have a missions statement for your family? I am going to work on one. As Louisa May Alcott once wrote, "Far away, there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations; I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead". I love it...What beauty in these words!
Here are some homemaking websites to check out:
Hearts at Home www.hearts-at-home.org
Above Rubies www.aboverubies.org
An Encouraging Word at www.wisgate.com


Comments