I thought I would share some paragraphs from two of the three books I am reading right now. This is what I want to share from the Queen of the Castle by Lynn Bowen Walker (52 weeks of encouragement for the uninspired, domestically challenged or just plain tired homemaker).
Have you ever thought about the difference between goals and desires? Your desire may be to have a happy marriage. But you can't control that; that takes two people. The only thing you can control, is you. So even though your desire is to have a happy marriage, you have to make it your goal to be a good wife.
This is a new way of looking at things. Suddenly I saw that I didn't need to "fix" my husband. If I was to be concerned with any one's "fixing", it ought to be my own. Why is it so easy to see the glaring faults of someone else yet conveniently overlook my own? Why am I so quick to spy my husband's selfishness yet be blinded to the ugly "me" gremlin hiding in my own pup tent.
That's why God has to remind us. "If I speak with tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal" (1 Corinthians 13:1).
She gives other scriptures to read: Ephesians 6:12, Ephesians 5:22-33, Ephesians 4:15, 1Peter 3:1-12, and 1Corinthians 7:2-5.
This is a fun book to read about advice, tips, tricks, recipes, and much more. This author makes me laugh while reading about her blunders. You will laugh and cry with this book.
The other book I want to share from is Just Around the Corner by Steven and Teri Maxwell.
Keep laying the foundation. I know that you do not want to quit; keep building. Rest, if you must, but don't you quit. These years will be over so quickly. There will be no more diapers to change (of children belonging to us); no more babies to nurse; no more toddlers to crawl into our lap or to tug at our skirts or to open the door to the bathroom when we are in there. All too soon the door will stay shut; our laps will be empty; there will be time to do all the 'things' that we think we'd like to do. Will that make us happy? No. what will bring joy to our hearts are the memories we hold of our children, and of the times we had together with them. So, let us make diaper changing a memorable experience. Let us build memories while making supper. Let us lay the foundation for future generations, moment by moment, in the lives of our children.
What do I want my children to remember about me? Will they remember a mom who fussed and nagged at them? Will they remember a pleasant, tender mommy who smiled at them, loved them, and encouraged them even when she was tired? Our attitude and how we approach a situation makes all the difference! Does it matter if all the schoolwork is finished, the house is tidy, and the laundry done? I don't want it to if the only way to accomplish it is with a negative emotion from me. Yes, these things are goals I will work toward, but please, Lord Jesus, only when I can pursue them sweetly and patiently.
What opportunities the Lord gives us each day to learn to depend fully on Him! I am not capable of being the mother I want to be, and that I know He wants me to be, in my own strength. I am aware of that every day when I see how I react naturally to things that are difficult.
Perhaps you are caught in the middle of an overloaded schedule. If irritation is creeping into your interactions with your children, can you ask yourself, "Will this count for eternity?" When you are exhausted, will you rest and let tomorrow's worries take care of themselves? " But seek ye first the Kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added to you. Take therefore no thought for morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. (Matthew 6:33-34)
I wrote all this for someone special. You know who you are. I read these two chapters from these books and had to share them to encourange you. God bless you!!
Have you ever thought about the difference between goals and desires? Your desire may be to have a happy marriage. But you can't control that; that takes two people. The only thing you can control, is you. So even though your desire is to have a happy marriage, you have to make it your goal to be a good wife.
This is a new way of looking at things. Suddenly I saw that I didn't need to "fix" my husband. If I was to be concerned with any one's "fixing", it ought to be my own. Why is it so easy to see the glaring faults of someone else yet conveniently overlook my own? Why am I so quick to spy my husband's selfishness yet be blinded to the ugly "me" gremlin hiding in my own pup tent.
That's why God has to remind us. "If I speak with tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal" (1 Corinthians 13:1).
She gives other scriptures to read: Ephesians 6:12, Ephesians 5:22-33, Ephesians 4:15, 1Peter 3:1-12, and 1Corinthians 7:2-5.
This is a fun book to read about advice, tips, tricks, recipes, and much more. This author makes me laugh while reading about her blunders. You will laugh and cry with this book.
The other book I want to share from is Just Around the Corner by Steven and Teri Maxwell.
Keep laying the foundation. I know that you do not want to quit; keep building. Rest, if you must, but don't you quit. These years will be over so quickly. There will be no more diapers to change (of children belonging to us); no more babies to nurse; no more toddlers to crawl into our lap or to tug at our skirts or to open the door to the bathroom when we are in there. All too soon the door will stay shut; our laps will be empty; there will be time to do all the 'things' that we think we'd like to do. Will that make us happy? No. what will bring joy to our hearts are the memories we hold of our children, and of the times we had together with them. So, let us make diaper changing a memorable experience. Let us build memories while making supper. Let us lay the foundation for future generations, moment by moment, in the lives of our children.
What do I want my children to remember about me? Will they remember a mom who fussed and nagged at them? Will they remember a pleasant, tender mommy who smiled at them, loved them, and encouraged them even when she was tired? Our attitude and how we approach a situation makes all the difference! Does it matter if all the schoolwork is finished, the house is tidy, and the laundry done? I don't want it to if the only way to accomplish it is with a negative emotion from me. Yes, these things are goals I will work toward, but please, Lord Jesus, only when I can pursue them sweetly and patiently.
What opportunities the Lord gives us each day to learn to depend fully on Him! I am not capable of being the mother I want to be, and that I know He wants me to be, in my own strength. I am aware of that every day when I see how I react naturally to things that are difficult.
Perhaps you are caught in the middle of an overloaded schedule. If irritation is creeping into your interactions with your children, can you ask yourself, "Will this count for eternity?" When you are exhausted, will you rest and let tomorrow's worries take care of themselves? " But seek ye first the Kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added to you. Take therefore no thought for morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. (Matthew 6:33-34)
I wrote all this for someone special. You know who you are. I read these two chapters from these books and had to share them to encourange you. God bless you!!
Comments