Good News

This past weekend Carissa had her 7 week check up in Chicago. Brian drove her to the appointment while I stayed home with the boys.

Well, her lower spinal curve actually decreased down to 23 degrees from 34 degrees. You should see the vertebrae that were once curved are now perfect. The upper spinal curve decreased about a half of a degree. It is at 48 1/2 degrees. Carissa actually grew a half an inch since her last appointment too. The doctor is very pleased. He said it is very good to see that her spine is not getting worse since she is still growing. The doctor gave her some exercises to do to help with strengthening her muscles on one side of her back.

Carissa is a 4 feet 10 inch 10 year old who wears a size 7 in shoes...she has past her mom in shoe size. Carissa would probably be at or over 5 feet tall if she did not have the curves in her spine. I wonder how tall she will be? I remember at her age, I was 4 feet 9 and wearing a size 4 in shoes.

We continually pray for her and know that God will turn things around. Thank you for your prayers.

Comments