Jane Austen

I am a fan of Jane Austen and I finally watched the movie Becoming Jane this past weekend with Brian. I really enjoyed it but it was so sad. While we were watching the movie, Brian turns to me and says, "this movie is like Pride and Prejudice".

I know that she wrote her books about real life experiences. You have to appreciate her fine writing.

I've read Pride and Prejudice and Persuasion only. How are her other books? I have the audio books for Emma, Northanger Abbey, Sense and Sensibility, and Mansfield Park. I still have not listened to them yet. I've watched the new version of Northanger Abbey and Persuasion. I was not totally happy with the new Persuasion because it is not true to the book. The same goes for the newer version of Pride and Prejudice.

What is your favorite Jane Austen book? What is your least favorite book from Jane Austen?

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love Jane Austen...and I love Becoming Jane too. I have the movie and I've watched it 5 times if not more.

Cecilia