This Past Weeks Happenings

I made this blanket, burping cloth, and bib for a friend who had a baby in December. I know, I am a little late.... but do you know how time consuming sewing can be.


A pair of pants hanging out to dry. I never did this in California.



I made some homemade strawberry ice cream. This is Shane's favorite.




Jarrett feel asleep while eating dinner.





We are all doing good. Brian has been taking Nathan, Carissa, and Shane roller skating on Friday afternoons with our homeschooling group. Shane is especially fond of skating. Brian says he is so cute out there. I have to get some pictures of him skating.




The other day I was reading and I came across some scriptures that stood out that I want to share. Colossians 2:8 tells us, "See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ."
Galatians 6:7-8 says, "Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life."
We live in an age that defies God and His Word at every point. But the Bible says, "There is a way that seems right to man, but in the end it leads to death." (Prov. 14:1) We shouldn't be surprised that worldly methods and false philosophies are taught by secular "experts". However, we must learn to discern the difference between the wisdom of the world and the wisdom of God. 1 Corinthians 3:18 says, "The wisdom of this world is foolishness in God's sight."
God is in control even though our economy is bad, people are out of work, and it seems this country is headed in the wrong direction. There is still HOPE!! I have hope that the next generation can and will bring change. Our children can change things and make a difference in this country and around the world. As a homeschooling family, we are raising up Godly children who will shine like the stars in this crooked and perverse generation.

Comments