

Sorry, I did not think to take any before shots with my camera. I will tell you though, it was not a pretty site. Shane came running into the house around 5pm on Thursday night and said, the rooster scratched me. I did not think it was too serious until Brian started to clean out the wound. It was no scratch! It would not stop bleeding, so I felt he should go to urgent care or ER. I called urgent care and they said they would not see him because he is 4 years old and might require stitches.
Shane did so well in ER. The doctor could not believe it, that he would not squirm when he touched his wound. He did keep on asking, if they were going to hurt him. I said, "No they are here to help you".
All said and done. The doctor would not give him stitches because the wound was to close to the eye. The doctor decided to glue the wound shut instead. He said, that Shane could not go outside for a week and he would have to wear sunscreen for a year.
By the way, it was not our rooster that did the damage. It was our neighbors mean old rooster. I think they got rid of it. Maybe they killed it and had it for supper.
Comments