What's Going On

Carissa and Shane making cornbread.


This week has been a busy week for me. On Monday Carissa, Jarrett, and I went to the Mennonite stores. You can buy a lot of bulk items at very good prices. For instance you can buy a 50 pound box of red or white potatoes for $13.99. I can put them in our cellar so they will last longer. We have joined a food co-op here in Jamestown. We get all our organic food at wholesale prices. Our chickens produce 2-4 eggs a day for us. We buy raw milk from a local dairy farmer for $2 a gallon. Now that is a deal!!! We paid $12 a gallon in California.




On Tuesday we went to Sam's Club to buy some groceries. We also checked out a trampoline that we plan to buy. I look forward to going to Sam's Club once a month because I know I will be purchasing my next volume of the Avonlea series. We now have the first three volumes and have 4 more to purchase. This time after Sam's club we went to eat an early dinner at Chevy's. Yuk! I did not enjoy my food at all. They use processed American cheese on their food. It's like eating plastic.




On Thursday night I went with 2 friends to go book hunting at a used book and curriculum sale. Boy did I spent some $$$$ on some excellent deals. I bought the next level in the math curriculum that Carissa and Nathan use. They use Math U See and we love it. This is their first year using it with incredible results. I highly recommend this math program. On our way home there was a dead deer on the side of the road. I see deer all the time while driving here.




On Friday we had another dinner party at our house. Our guest were some local couples and their children. Brian and I had a good fellowship time with some like minds. They are young Christian families with some wholesome values. All our children are around the same age. I made some homemade strawberry ice cream which all the adults ate while the children watched a cartoon in the living room.




On Saturday we stayed home even though we were invited to go see Fireproof at the Assembly of God church in Jamestown. I needed to catch up on some business stuff, time to send out those 1099's.




I recommend a book/cookbook I am reading right now for all the health conscience people to read out there. The name of the book is Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon. This is what the back of the books says: The Diet Doctorates don't want you to know that....


Your body needs old-fashioned animal fats


New fangled polyunsaturated oils can be bad for you


Modern whole grain products can cause health problems


Traditional sauces promote digestion and assimilation


Modern food processing denatures our foods but


Ancient preservation methods actually increase nutrients in fruits, nuts, vegetables, meats and milk products!


This recalls the culinary customs of our ancestors and looking ahead to a future of robust good health for young and old. Nourishing Traditions offers modern families a fascinating guide to wise food choices and proper preparation techniques. Nutrition researcher Sally Fallon unites the wisdom of the ancients with the latest independent and accurate scientific research. This book has over 700 delicious recipes that will please both exacting gourmets and busy parents.




On Tuesday we will be going on a field trip to the state capitol building. I will make sure to take some pictures so I can post them next time.




I hope everyone had a wonderful week/weekend. Have a blessed week everyone.

Comments