It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year
















I thought I would share some pictures of our first snow this winter. We woke up and looked out the window to a beautiful blanket of snow all around our home.

On Monday the kids asked if I would make my homemade hot chocolate. This is one of their favorite winter treats beside my homemade Christmas popcorn and cookies.

On Tuesday I decided to throw some items together for dinner. There was about 16ozs of chicken broth in the fridge. Hmm? My creative cooking juices started to flow again. I put the chicken broth, water, peas, carrots, celery, green beans, pasta, salt, pepper, oregano, basil and garlic in a pot. I did not measure anything. I also put some flour in it to thicken it up since I could not put cream it it. None of us should be eating milk right now since we all have a stomach virus. We had some toasted french bread with the meal. Brian is sure thankful I am cooking again. Everyone had seconds. I think it took less then 30 mins. to make everything.

I am going to try to make my first homemade pumpkin pie this week. For some reason I want to cook and bake again. Maybe it's the weather. I will let you now how it turns out.

Talk to you soon.

Tina

Comments

Katy said…
Thanks so much for taking the time to read my blog and thank you for the comment you left! I really appreciate it!
I love all the pics! have a great Thursday! :)
Anonymous said…
All I can say is WOW!!! and we miss you, of course!! Love, Karen
Bolina Stretta said…
I love your pictures. What a sweet family !