
Nathan helping me puree some fresh pumpkin. I need to get a food processor.

I plan on making some oven roasted pumpkin seeds. Do you know that pumpkin seeds are a good source for iron? I need more iron since I am always lacking in iron. I have been battling anemia since I was a child...so bring on the iron.
Jarrett eating breakfast.
Jarrett loves to eat bananas.
Here is a picture of Shane's cut from the pond accident.


I made some Neiman Marcus chocolate chip cookies. Yummy!! They are sooooo good.


We went to Starr Pines to get a Christmas tree. I had to stay in the car because Jarrett was sleeping, it was a good thing since it was 27 degrees outside. So Brian took Carissa, Nathan, and Shane out to pick a tree. They took a hayride out to 200 acres of trees.


This is the tree that they picked to chop down. This picture does not do it justice... this tree is really full and stands about 9 feet. Sorry for the bad pictures... Brian had to use my phone camera since I left my camera at home. They did a good job picking a tree. Don't you think so? This tree cost us $36. WOW!! And it's a fresh tree. Last year we paid over $30 for a 6 foot tree from Home Depot and it was not that fresh. I think we got a deal...and we plan to use this tree for firewood too. No more wasting of trees for us.

I will talk to you soon. I still need to make snicker doodles, pumpkin pie, pumpkin muffins, truffles, and old fashioned oatmeal cookies. Oh, the kids want some pumpkin pancakes. Have you tried pumpkin pancakes? They are delicious.
I am reading another book. The name is, "Don't make me count to three" by Ginger Plowman. It's a good read so far. I will share more on it later.



Comments